Monday, March 12, 2012

How this all began...

This whole kick started with an innocent post by my cousin on Facebook.  She posted a neat idea for organization from a website called Pinterest.  After a couple of days, I decided that I wanted to see what this website was all about.  So I looked it up online and found a Internet based pin board for ideas and interests.  I figured that this may be something that I could use for making my life a bit more organized.  So I emailed for an invitation and when it came I signed right up! 

At first I basically was searching the boards all over the place.  Never really staying on one for too long.  Then I hit the DIY & Crafts board.  Well I was hooked.  All the little things that I wanted to buy for around the house could be made!  And all the tutorials made it look like I could do it...and easily!  Now, usually my crafts never turn out the way I want.  This is due largely to lack of patience on my side.  Not waiting for things to dry fully, or not reading directions are a couple of examples.  So I had pretty much given up on the idea of being crafty.  But, since those days I had changed, largely due to Warhammer 40K.  I had started painting the tiny models and due to my OCD I needed them to be prefect.  This usually led to me spending on average 3 hours per model.  If that doesn't teach you patience I don't know what will!  I then decided to choose a simple project to test the waters.  I will discuss that in my next post.

I do have another blog I share with my hubby, but since it is mostly nerd based, I figured I would start another blog separately from ours to show my domestic side.  This doesn't mean I won't link to that one when my crafts take a nerdy turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment