Friday, June 1, 2012

So many crafts, so little time...

I have done a few more crafts since my last post, but they are more of the same, so I thought I would lump them all together in the same post, just so I can have them out there.

First off, was the Zombie cross stitch I made for my hubby.  This was the first one where I actually made the pattern myself.  I did get some inspiration online, but the zombie was made from scratch.  I was really proud of how it turned out and my hubby has taken it to work and put it on his desk. 



The second cross stitch I made was for myself.  It has "Han shot First" with a picture of a blaster.  This one was another pattern that I had made, but took pretty much all of the inspiration from one I found online.  I still need to buy a frame for it since it will require a 4X5 frame and I didn't have one in my stash.



Last but not least is the dice bag that I am crocheting for my hubby.  It is not quite finished yet as I still need to make the drawstrings, and I am also going to add a felt Ork insignia on it.  I took my inspiration from this pattern, but didn't feel the need to make it so big.  I settled on 20 stitches to start and crocheted "in the round" so that the total circumference was 40 stitches around.  I did 20 rows before starting the eyelets and then did three more rows on top of that.  It holds all of my hubby's "Waggghhhh" dice perfectly!  In total it only took me a couple of hours to make over a couple of days.  I just had to remember to count my stitches after each row (just in case) and to mark down how many rows I have done (I am always forgetting).  Stitch markers help greatly, but I am unwilling to shell out the money for some, so I used a bobby pin instead.  Worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment